Be a Hero. Adopt. Volunteer. Foster. Donate. Or simply voice your support. We thank you!
Donate to Underdog Rescue
One of our biggest challenges is to secure the funding necessary to meet the daily needs and medical care required for all our foster animals. Donations to Underdog Rescue go directly to food, shelter and medical treatment for animals.
We have federal nonprofit status
We are registered in the State of Illinois as a nonprofit business and have received federal 501(c)3 nonprofit status.
Click here for a printable donation slip.
Here’s how your donation will help:
- $10 Animal Friend: Toys and treats for one animal
- $25 Animal Supporter: Vaccinate one animal
- $50 Animal Defender: Vet check and vaccinate one animal
- $75 Animal Champion: Medical Care for one senior animal
- $110 Animal Hero: Neuter or spay one animal
- $500 Animal Superhero: Save a seriously ill animal
OTHER WAYS YOU CAN HELP
Our ultimate goal is to establish a housing facility where our pets can be safely sheltered until they find a loving adoptive family. Monetary donations are greatly appreciated, but there are many other types of donations that can help us defray costs and raise building funds.
- Can you donate land or buildings in or around Lake County, IL?
- Do you own a bar or restaurant where we could hold a fundraising “Yappy Hour?”
- Would you host a (dog)house party to help raise funds? These can be great fun…
- Do you work for a printing company that could help us print our brochures?
- Do you know a groomer willing to offer free or discounted services?
- Are you in a band that’s willing to donate a gig to help raise funds?
- Are you a photographer willing to provide a portrait sitting?
- Do you have web site development, graphic design or video skills to help us publicize our animals?
- Do you have unneeded airplane or theater tickets, gift certificates, spa services, lodgings or other items or services that we can auction, raffle, or sell on e-bay to raise funds?
Sloppy Kiss Cards!
Sloppy Kiss Cards are animated ecards for dog and cat lovers. You get to choose and name the dog or cat that stars in every ecard you send. Join now and 25% of your sign up fee will be donated to us! Click here!
Below are UR's president, Joan Boro (center), at Best Friends Animal Society in Kanab, Utah,
the largest pet sanctuary in the United States, with Best Friends co-founders,
Faith Maloney (left) and Jana de Peyer (right)
OUR WISH LIST
Besides dollars and services, Underdog Rescue’s Wish List includes:
- Advantage, Frontline or Revolution flea treatment
- animal crates
- cat carriers
- crushed cans for recycling
- digital camera
- dog beds and covers
- kitty litter
- paper towels
- pet food
- pet treats
- towels—old but clean is great
- wet wipes
For more information, call Joan Boro at 847-529-5959 or Email UnderdogRescueIL@aol.com